Thursday, March 21, 2019

The Thrill of The Now


The Thrill of The Now
I don’t know about anyone who reads this piece.  But I have been impressed with the number of times when I have been trying to get to sleep but have been bugged with variations of treatment for a blog, or have been enthused about some event in the future only to forget about it until I see the news report of that very significant event afterward the event.
This has happened enough times that I tend to wonder if there may be an alarm in our make-up.  One that the Master has placed there, so wonderfully designed to encourage us to rest, in the immediacy of knowing that we have a co-editor in any of our pieces.
I may be wrong, but it seems that when I start a piece at the time I think of it, there seems to be a smoother flow to my composition than if I try to do a similar subject at a time of my own pleasing, but on the other hand when I delay by even a day my inspiration can disappear into delay.
I have called it the “His obedience influence,”
Obedience as an attitude of relationship that seems to be far from the flavour of the today, even within families it seems.  But anyone who followed my last attempt at putting together a regular blog can testify, from my early text how I struggled with the Master right from the word go. The fact used to be that I had previously been restricted to small writings of about 200 t0 300 words occasionally. However, what was placed in front of me was a proposal of a blog of 600 words and more than that this blog was to go out every day.  Just the idea of such an undertaking sent shivers up my spine. So back to the “thrill of the now.”
The life history of the Master’s dealing with the ultimate part of His creation showed, time after time, that the chosen people found an adequate place when the Master had imagined a far better place for them.  Just look at the mutuality of father and son Tarah and Abram in the early part of Genesis, Abram broke the mould when he took the Master’s calling and became Abraham, the father of nations.
T o return to today it is my contention that the “Obedience Influence” has been responsible for the best part of at least 200 blogs a year for around three years with almost all being written at around 2 O Clock in the morning. In fact I can still feel what it felt like to write them, There was the frequent pause in the process where I was given the opportunity to revise a sentence and which incidentally improved  the flow but more than that was the sensation that my number one writer was with me almost breathing the words into my ear, in fact it is happening now as I type.
One thing that needs clarification is that sometimes we have ideas that may have merit but that do not have ongoing traction. These may have value however in my experience the thoughts that I have worked through in this piece are ones that roll around in my head until I have written them.
I am not sure where this is going, whether it will be a daily edition but at least I haver the experience from “God’s Mad Mad World” that all things are possible when we operate at His time and we cooperate with His call on our lives.
Your passion may not be the written word but be assured that He has your talent at the forefront of the things He has in mind for you. But this truth is constant when He shows you your day it will be an easier day than “later”.

No comments:

Post a Comment