Wednesday, August 29, 2018

So, the Word came again


So, the Word came again
Behold the word came again, to use an old phrase, but one that was appropriate tonight.  I had no sooner put my head on my pillow when the Master tuned in.  I do not know how many of my readers remember the drama that ensued leading up to the first episode of God’s Mad Mad World about four or five years ago; let me briefly recap.
Around four or so years ago the Master put it into my head to begin writing a blog, along the lines that you have seen at some time or another.  We had a bit of a set to as I knew that my capacity was limited, and I was certain that, in my capacity I would run out of words, way before the 600 words my self-imposed reference into blog writing required.  A second reason for my hesitance to start was that I knew that I was a great one for starting projects and in the shortest of times I would run out of subjects to think up. Well we went around the issues and fears that I had for some time and then I had to throw my hands up in the air and give in to His word: although perhaps that should be Word.  I had one rider though, if this was to be an ongoing thing to His glory, then He had to be an active participant. 
This was not a story of the Divine dictator even if it sounds like one.  I would go to bed every night bereft of inspiration and sometime before daylight He would wake me up with something insistent that just needed to be written before daylight.  Sometimes it would be a title and sometimes, many times, I faced up to the blank screen and prayed “I am here Lord” before I started to type.  There were several times when I started typing on a blank sheet waiting for His inspiration to arrive.  Now the incredible thing was that in the first twelve months we published daily, except for Saturday and Sunday,
Tonight, was different.  If my impression of what was said/implied was that the limit I imposed back then of 600 words has now been rescinded and He has plans for more writing than the regular, or irregular, blogs as it has been downgraded to lately. Don’t get me wrong I have enjoyed them and unless He says otherwise I may find time to continue GMMW as it has been written: my only desire being that He gets glory from these pages.
In all honesty, I wrestled with myself as to whether this has been necessary to be written. But then I got up because I couldn’t even keep the title clear in my mind.  This has been a common problem over the more recent years hence it became a situation where I needed to get up and make a start or find that it had disappeared over night, that would also include the encounter that got me up.
There are other reasons for writing this.  First is that I am getting increasingly restricted in my mobility and this, not withstanding the intervention of my Master to make me well.  I am going to be limited to efforts like this to honour my Lord and Saviour.
Second, I would like to pay tribute and thank those who have been in for the long haul.  I think the total of blogs has been somewhere near the 500 or so and I appreciate your faithfulness, I hope you have enjoyed the journey as much as me.
It occurred to me lately that I somehow failed to provide a feedback opportunity to you the readers who may have had a negative or positive response.  I did find some in the Blogger files but that were so old that it was pointless to reply, and I was not informed of your responses in a timely manner. I am sorry for that.  If anyone does want to comment on this turn of events, then you will find me at bj4wood@gmail.com or I am still on Facebook.  Wish me well into the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment